We recruit from the elite but we do not take their past achievements for granted. We have rigorous selection criteria in place to make sure our operatives reflect PSL Maritime's visions and values. We expect them to act in a professional manner at all times.
Our strict criteria include:
- Minimum of 4 years' service in the Royal Marines or UKSFSG
- STCW95 Maritime training
- ISPS SSO qualification
- ENG1 medical
- CRB check
- Seaman's book and card
- Documentation of appropriate theatre specific vaccinations
- Military service discharge papers
- Written testimonial from a previous senior officer
- Passport valid for at least 12 months with adequate blank space for visas
- Proof of successful completion of the Shooting Training Solutions course
Team Leaders are personally selected by PSL Maritime and undergo further selection and training.
Selection & Vetting of Maritime Security Officers / Armed Vessel Protection Teams
In addition to our strict, non-negotiable on-line entry criteria we also have a rigorous pass/fail selection and induction day at our head office in Essex. This includes:
- Checking of all documentation.
- Company presentation and professional standards briefing.
- Maritime security knowledge and mental assessment test.
- Formal interview.
- Drug & Alcohol test.
- Physical fitness test - bleep test, press-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups.
This is a pass/fail assessment day and we will only register candidates who meet our exacting criteria.